About Family Ministry
The Family Ministry recognizes that there is tremendous diversity in families. There are singles, single parents, nuclear, blended, extended, foster, co-parent, and grandparent families. The ministry endeavours to create a warm, inviting environment where every family experiences a sense of belonging, acceptance and love.
- Plan, develop and implement programs to meet the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of individuals and families.
- Encourage and support the building of healthy family relationships based on Biblical principles.
- To provide families with spiritual and emotional support
- To provide economical support for families in need wherever possible
- Partner with other ministries in our local church, sister churches and community organizations to meet the diverse needs of the family.
“… choose you this day whom ye will serve;… but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” — Joshua 24:15 (KJV)
The Family Ministry exists to support, encourage and strengthen Christ-centered relationships among family members and within the church family. Strong families make strong churches and communities.
Our mission is to provide support and the necessary tools so that individuals could guide their families into deeper relationships with God, and impact society.
- The Power of Love – a Valentine’s family-focused event jointly hosted by Family and Children’s Ministries. It was a time for discussion, entertainment, laughter and give-aways.
- Singles Connect – single adults connect through a variety of activities such as discussions, cooking, games, nature walks and self-care sessions. These engaging sessions are ongoing and provide the opportunity for fellowship and relationship building.
- Couples Connect – interactive and engaging sessions with couples of mixed age groups. Participants have the opportunity to connect with other couples, build relationships and discuss issues related to marriage and family life. These sessions are ongoing.
- Marriage Group Study – Biblically based marriage study for couples focusing on real life issues
- Summer Family Social – held once during the summer months as an opportunity for fellowship among the church family, while enjoying cool summer refreshments
- Family Movie Night – a multi-generational family evening to enjoy a movie based on Biblical principles and discuss its practical applications
Joan Calder, Veta Gooden, Vivienne Graham, Anthony and Kay Hunte, Cydia Isaac, Jerome Kouassi and Corine Gnaman, Jason and Felicia Luckman, Dorrel and Rozena McDonald, Shawn Miller, Percival and Blanche Plummer, Jackie Smith, and Sheila Williams.